Wednesday, October 1, 2008

catching up

Sorry that I haven't posted for a while. I'm at home in KY!

I arrived on Tuesday, 9/16. I helped my mom with wedding things that week, and then Saturday was my brother's wedding. I have a new sister-in-law :), Sara.

The next week, I spent painting at my brother's house. I painted the living room and hallway walls, and caulked and painted the trim while they were on their honeymoon. It took 3 days!!!

Then the BG International Festival was on Saturday. I had a wonderful "helper" this year. Monique recruited and scheduled all of the volunteers for me, and all I had to do was show up. In fact, when I showed up, she was doing such a great job managing everyone that I was able to walk around and enjoy the festival for the first time EVER! :) I was even able to leave early. Thank you, Monique....you made this trip back to KY much more enjoyable and much less stressful!!:)

On Sunday my mom and her friend hosted a bridal shower for me at our church. It was a "journey" themed shower, with decorations and food from Honduras, and pictures around from the places that Jose and I have traveled. It was fun, and it was soo great to see all of my friends/family! Plus, I got a lot of really nice things for our house in Honduras. :)

This week, I am working on cleaning out my old bedroom at my parents house, and I'm planning to have a yard sale this weekend. I'm anxious to get rid of a lot of old junk, and to make some extra dolares $$.

For those of you back in Honduras, I'll be back next week!

And I have a lot of pictures to post, but I'm using my mom's new Mac and I still haven't completely figured it out yet. I'll post them as soon as I learn how. :)

No comments: