Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tegucigalpa

(photo courtesy of MP Stevens at flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/24638179@N02/2343749561/)

A fellow blogging-friend, Don Godo, wrote this description of Tegucigalpa:



"I love Tegucigalpa!! I love the name, the way it rolls off my tongue. I love the mountains, hills, and pine forests that surround the city. I love the climate, warm in the day and comfortable at night. I love the Third World quirkiness and chaos of it all. I love the confusion and disorderly streets which prevent me from easily knowing my way around even after a dozen years of frequent visits. I love the colonial buildings begging for renovation, yet elegant in their decay. I love the size, manageable yet big enough. Most of all, I love my wife who was born in its bosom."

As most of you know, I have a love/hate relationship with Honduras and Tegucigalpa. And I complain about things A LOT. But I wanted to let you know that I am coming to love this city more and more. And I wanted to share Don Godo's words with you, because they reflect how I am beginning to feel about this city better than I can say myself.

Thanks Don Godo! :)

3 comments:

Garay One said...

Well, you have to remember: Tegucigalpa is not a city, it's an ADVENTURE.

DON GODO said...

Tegucigalpa does kinda grow on ya, doesn't it? I guess its kind of like a fungus in that respect. Or is it like mildew in a post-Katarina flooded New Orleans neighborhood?

Hannah said...

You are both correct. :) Thanks for the comments.